TLC-WA is a multi-disciplinary, allied health private practice located in Joondalup, WA. Originally specialising exclusively in Speech Pathology, our practice was established in 1994 and, over the course of our history, we have evolved to offer a comprehensive range of services designed to create an holistic approach to the care of our clients. Predominantly focused on the care of children and their families, TLC-WA is staffed by highly experienced professionals who deliver tailored and integrated treatment options.
At TLC-WA, we work closely with families to understand their needs and tailor treatment options designed to facilitate optimal outcomes. Our focus is to create a friendly, caring environment in which our clients feel comfortable and nurtured. As a private practice, we’re able to build an integrated team around our clients, all working collaboratively to meet the specific needs of each family. We offer individual and small group sessions, as well as providing treatment options at home or at school, if needed. TLC-WA works with families facing a variety of challenges, ranging from mild to severe including:
- Early and pre-language concerns
- Developmental delays/disorders
- Global Developmental Delay
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Auditory Processing Difficulties/Disorder
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Speech sound delay (phonology)
- Literacy challenges
- Handwriting difficulties
- Speech sound issues, such as lisps
- Parenting challenges and behaviour management
- Disabilities such as Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Intellectual Disability, CHARGE Syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome and Williams Syndrome.
Diverse and Specialised Treatment Options
The cornerstone of TLC-WA is our established team of highly qualified professionals, all of whom have extensive experience in their respective fields. All our clinicians are registered under the professional bodies relevant to their area of expertise, such as Speech Pathology Australia, the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and the WA OT Association. Our clinicians use evidence based approaches and are committed to their own ongoing professional development, continually updating and expanding their skill sets to ensure they deliver the most relevant and up to date treatments to our clients. Our team enjoys a proud history of delivering family-centred therapies which make a tangible difference in the lives of our clients. In addition to their tertiary qualifications, our therapists are trained in:
- Lidcombe Program for Young Children who Stutter
- The Hanen Programs More than Words and It Takes Two to Talk
- The Early Start Denver Model
- Key Word Sign
- The Alert Program
- Therapeutic Listening and ILS (Integrated Listening System)
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)
- The Nuffield Dyspraxia Programme
- The Derbyshire Language Scheme
- SOS Approach to Feeding
- Feeding the Whole Child (Ellyn Satter)
- Infant Massage including Infant Massage Australia registered instructors
- Wilbarger Therapressure Protocol for Sensory Defensiveness
- Sleepwiz’ Sleep Support Training
- KAY (Kidding Around Yoga)
- PODD Books (Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display Books).
Flexible, Holistic Approach
TLC-WA works with clients referred to us from a variety of sources including Paediatricians, Child Health Nurses, GP’s, other private clinicians, teachers, day care centre staff and parents themselves. When needed, we liaise with other relevant organisations, such as schools and day care centres, to ensure all those involved with a child’s care have an understanding of, and can positively contribute to, their ongoing treatment and development. As well as providing individual treatment, TLC-WA can offer small, group-based therapies which include a combination of disciplines such as Speech Pathology/Occupational Therapy and Physio/ Occupational Therapy/Speech Pathology.
TLC-WA is committed to providing tailored and integrated allied health services sensitive to each family’s individual circumstances, which are geared towards achieving their goals. Learn more about how we achieve this at the links below.
- 10 Elcar Lane, Joondalup WA 6027
MONDAY – FRIDAY: 7AM TILL 7PM
SATURDAY: 8AM TILL 2PM