TLC-WA’s Paediatric Physiotherapist, assists babies, toddlers, children and teens dealing with a range of conditions affecting their movement, physical development, mobility, posture and/or ability to manage everyday activities. We work closely with families to understand the specific challenges they are facing and examine children to assess the primary causes of their difficulties. Based on an assessment, as well as each family’s needs and priorities, a program is tailored to ensure the most appropriate, clinical interventions to help the child develop skills and ultimately reach their goals and realise their full potential.
Treatment programs vary depending on each child’s individual difficulties and may focus on anything from motor development, movement training and strengthening through to stretching, balance, posture, coordination, endurance and education.
Our physiotherapist assesses and treats children struggling with a diverse range of concerns including:
- Babies and toddlers experiencing developmental delays;
- Infants struggling with congenital conditions such as pigeon toes and bow legs;
- Developmental issues caused by premature birth;
- Movement difficulties associated with specific diagnoses such as Juvenile Arthritis and Osgood-Schlatter Disease;
- Rehabilitation from sporting injuries, trauma or surgery;
- Challenges around strength and endurance during exercise;
- Musculoskeletal pain;
- Movement difficulties associated with disabilities such as Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism and many more.
At TLC-WA, we offer Paediatric Physiotherapy, not only as a stand-alone service, but as part of an integrated therapy program designed to address a child’s difficulties holistically. We treat children in a safe and nurturing environment and use evidence and play based approaches designed to make the process enjoyable for clients and their families.
Our Physiotherapy areas of expertise include: