Research in Australia shows that up to 20% of teachers experience voice problems each year and are 3-5 times more likely to experience voice probems than the general population!
(Russell et al, 1998)
- Do you have a very dry or scratchy throat?
- Is your voice husky or hoarse?
- Are you frequently throat clearing or coughing?
- Is your throat tired and/or sore at the end of the day?
- Do you lose your voice often?
- Do you have days off work because you have no voice?
If you answered ‘yes’ to some of these questions you may have a voice problem that has the potential to impact on your career!